Sunday, December 8, 2019

Relief

Relief

Remove  just one shackle that keeps you chained
to this old way of thinking;
take one brick away  from the load
you  carry on your back;
pour  one drop of truth's elixir between
your parched and blistered lips;
apply cooling ointment to one wound
that oozes and throbs from the captor's whip;
give yourself  one moment to sit and rest 
your weary bones and hurting feet;
allow yourself  just one breath of freedom
from the torment your mind inflicts...
so mercilessly....
....and you will experience Relief.
 
Relief is not something I or the world can offer you.
It is something you must give yourself....
for you are both the captive
and the captor
in your story of Dukkha. 
 
Be kind...
remove yourself from this suffering....
with one bout of relief at a time.
Set yourself free....
and all will follow.
 
Dale-Lyn December 2019
 
 
Hmmm!  Had another one of those, "Oh you gotta get up!"  moments last night.  I didn't get up (I am just so tired these days lol). I had one word circulating through my mind all night and I cannot even remember what that word was...but this morning, this came to me.  Whether or not it is related to what was going on in my head last night, I will never know :). It really doesn't matter.

All is well!

No comments:

Post a Comment