Sunday, December 8, 2019

Blocked

There is no rule on how it is to write...Sometimes it comes easily and perfectly.  Sometimes it is like drilling rock and then blasting it out with charges.
-Earnest Hemingway ( https://www.suttermedia.net/5-quotes-from-ernest-hemingway-may-help-writers-block/)


Fifteen years ago, around this time I received a call that my sister was gone.  Fifteen years have passed.  Hmmm! 

I have had her story open in My documents for weeks now and I have such a hard time getting to it, for some reason, always finding a reason not to go there.  All I have to write is 1000 words a day... I write more than that in my sleep lol...why can I not go to  this story and give it 1000 measly words a day?   I just get this pit in my stomach when I look at where I am at now...this big ball of blocked energy...a sign that healing is necessary.  Hmmm!  This story will be my healing and it will require my healing at the same time.  What does a person do with that? 

I want this story to be very well written for her sake as well as my own.  That holds me back too.

Ticker is actually acting up as I think of that...go figure.  I will somehow find my way through this rock and then I will blast the story out of me somehow.   I know I will feel tremendous  relief as a result.

It is all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment