Sunday, December 22, 2019

700 Moments

Wisdom will not come until we step into the dimension [field] of no thought.
Eckhart Tolle

On this pitch or field that is the life I have been living the last few days, my mind is scoring a whopping 3,789,654 moments and no-thought about 700.  I am definitely lost in mind much, much more than I am out of it ...but...but...I do  keep trying to step out. I have succeeded 700 times.  Of course, I am just using numbers to make a point. :)

It is challenging to slip from worry  into  moment. Oh man what I wouldn't do for the level of  peace and wisdom an elevated practice would give me.  I don't need to win or beat mind into submission...I just want  more peace and ease.  Sigh!

Well for now...I need to be grateful and content with the 700 ( or whatever)  moments I have earned and continue to practice my way to more. 

This is what I tell myself to coach me along:

It starts in this moment...big breath in and out...release, let go of mind...be here and now.  Stay here as long as you can.  Notice and appreciate everything that is in this moment without naming it, judging it, clinging to it or resisting it.  Just notice ...breath, body, surroundings...Life. 

The mind is going to come back in, that's okay...just watch it come in without getting lost in its story; without believing that everything it is telling you is so urgent and in need of your attention ...that you must drop the moment and follow it . What is important is this breath.

Breathe...glorious breath in...feel the belly rising to accommodate for more space, more Life, more now. 

Pause...feel the stillness. 

Release...release  the breath...release the mind and all the things you thought you needed to do and think of...feel the belly contracting...helping you to expel what you don't need to make room for what you do.

Pause...notice stillness, quiet, space between breath, between thoughts.  You have arrived. You are here and now.

Begin again....

People might think that this type of practice is a little woo-woo. That's okay. All that matters is that it brings peace...a momentary end to the mental suffering worry over my circumstances creates. It takes me out of the only place suffering exists...in my mind, in this idea of a future outcome.  If it works 700 times...it is beautiful...regardless of how others judge it . 

If I can have 700 moments of peace instead of anguish...is that not a wise choice?  Wisdom, after all,  is what I seek in the field of no thought and what I will ultimately find in my practice.

All is well in my world

No comments:

Post a Comment