Monday, June 19, 2017


To write what is worth publishing, to find honest people to publish it, and get sensible people to read it, are the three great difficulties in being an author.
Charles Caleb Colton

Did I ever  tell you I wasn't a big fan of submitting?  :)

 I know I say that all the time and every time I say it I am resisting the very necessary process needed to get a message out there. 

Imagine if Hemingway didn't submit (he didn't like all that crap either...he just wanted to write).  We would be without some great literature, great thought, great ideas. 

I am not comparing myself to Hemingway, by any means, but as a writer I too have something to say...a message that could have a positive impact on the world ( or at very least on someone lol).  I have to at least try to get it out there, don't I? 

I don't like the process.  I resist the process and the more I think about it the harder it gets.  Just the day before yesterday, I wrote a pretty good article  on romantic love...wrote it (research and all complete) in about 4 hours.  The writing was not an issue but then I had to submit it. 

Finding a site accepting submissions looking for that type of idea, that word length, that target audience took forever.  Then I had to revise and tailor it to meet their specifications.  Again not a big deal!

After that I had to email it  and that is where the problem came in. It took me five hours to email it because I could not get into my email...forgot my Microsoft password.  Have you ever forgotten your Microsoft password?  It is not a nice experience trying to get a new one...let me tell ya!

Finally get it...get it out there, realizing that I forgot to include all my data and my website on the manuscript. And of course...it bounces back.  So in total, I spent about 4 hours writing and researching...8 hours submitting.  Can you see why I do not like it? 

Awe...but I am realizing from all the learning I have been doing that submitting is so challenging only because I am resisting the process.  I have to work on that. I did after all, make a deal with the universe...that I would write and submit three articles a week lol. ...I need to keep my promises.

Anyway...it is all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment