Friday, June 23, 2017

Capturing Stillness

To know yourself as the Being underneath the thinker, the stillness underneath the mental noise, the love and joy underneath the pain, is freedom, salvation, enlightenment.
Eckhart Tolle
(Manual Mode; f/7.1; 1/80 secs; ISO 200)
 
I love photography because it reminds me of the wisdom found in Tolle's words (above). I want my glass to go through the obvious to what is beneath.
 
What is Beneath? 

I seek the Being  in every thing I shoot.  I seek the stillness.  Capturing something in a still...is simply making that stillness obvious and available to all. I want to stop and quiet the moment.   I try to catch it in all its simple and perfect essence. "This is what life is right here, right now"...is what I want my pictures to say.

A little too deep for me, crazy lady.  Just shoot a nice picture I can put up on my Facebook or Twitter  page (beside my selfies)  lol

It is all good!  All is well in my world.




Thanks to Brainy Quote: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/stillness.html

No comments:

Post a Comment