Thursday, June 1, 2017

Ego says, " Once everything falls into place, I will feel peace." Spirit says, "Find your peace and then everything will fall into place."
Marianne Williamson

Peace of mind is the one thing in life I long for more than anything else. 

Oh I get mixed up sometimes.  I listen to ego too often and get all twisted around by its promises.  "Get your health back...and then peace will come.  Get some money in your accounts and pay your bills...then you will have peace of mind.  Get that book published...and then you will know what peace really is. Get perfect at meditation...and peace will be your stepping stone for more."

So I start thinking peace will be the reward for doing more; for putting all my energy into fighting my body...for working harder...for focusing more on submitting than writing new stuff...and for  making a mediation practice a chore I try to perfect everyday. Peace will come sometime in the future when I got my life in order....when I have health, money, recognition, and the perfect meditation practice.

Wow!  I don't have these things right now. My life is not in order according to the ego...so there will be no peace.  Or will there?

When I stop to think though...I mean when I sit in stillness without thinking lol...I hear Spirit and I come to know that peace can be experienced now, peace is meant to be experienced now.

I just need to close my eyes, shut out the external world and concentrate on my breath.  Peace. 

I just need to open my eyes and my mind to the world that is happening around me right now, right here and peace can be found. 

I just need to tell myself that my thoughts are not who I am and attempt to gently get beyond them.  Every time I watch them walk by my psyche  when my eyes are closed without attachment...I experience peace.

 I  can find peace in my very imperfect meditation practice.  I am still struggling to get a comfortable position that doesn't cause back strain and puts me in the alignment all our bodies are meant to be in so I can truly  "relax" and stay alert at the same time...but...I still meditate.  I still go to a place where peace can be found for 20 minutes twice a day.  I know as I perfect this...it will get better and deeper...but for now I am finding some peace...so it is all good. 

It is all good now. If I put more energy into finding peace now than I do into trying to get the help I need physically, trying to get more money by working harder, submitting rather than writing (writing brings me peace) and seeing meditation as something I need to do perfectly ...then I would discover that peace is where it always was.  I just need to tap into it and I will have what I really want.  If everything else turns around for the best because of it...so be it.  What I really want though is peace now!

All is well in my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment