Thursday, June 22, 2017

Everyone sees the unseen in proportion to the clarity of their heart.
Rumi


Do you see anything in this picture other than the graininess (over sharpened lol)?  I will tell you the story before I tell you what to look for.

My cousin painted that mural on a building in a historical park where many, many  Irish Immigrants died.  Coming from boats riddled with Typhus, Scarlett Fever and other awful diseases the place was landmarked  as a quarantine station in the mid 1800's.  One boat in particular, pictured in the mural, the Looshtauk, arrived with a large number of souls seeking a new life in this strange  new world.  Many of them never made it off the island. Mass graves are everywhere.

Now, one year after painting the mural, my poor cousin ( who not only painted but worked on the island as a security guard) died of complications of a massive stroke at the age of 50. (He was blessed with not only our family's Irish heritage  but our very uniquely disturbed cardiovascular systems. It was of course, a surprise to all of us.). 

So on this June evening, not so long ago, I decided to get some shots of the island shooting over 50 frames.  I wanted to capture my cousin's mural of the very island I was standing on.    This was the only shot I got with this particular "anomalie".  Can you see it yet? There is actually two...one on the mural itself and one where the Looshtauk was probably anchored that many years ago.

I do not pay much attention to the notion of "orbs".  As a photographer I can usually relate it to shooting into the light, something in the frame being out of focus,  or dust on my lens .. something like that...but I shot 50 shots and this is the only picture where I find these circles. Is it not ironic that the biggest one is smack dab on the island my cousin painted in his mural? 

I am not going to get into any discussion on orbs.  I am not going to profess to be a believer or a nonbeliever. ..  but I will offer some links for you to do your own research.  All I have for you is this little photograph and the story behind it. You decide for yourself.

All is well.

http://www.angelsghosts.com/orbs

http://paranormal.lovetoknow.com/Ghost_Orbs_Different_Colors

https://skeptics.stackexchange.com/questions/1246/what-is-the-scientific-explanation-of-orbs-in-photographs

No comments:

Post a Comment