Friday, June 16, 2017

Memories...light the corners of my mind :)

I am house cleaning my blog.  Taking the old entries, folding them up and putting them away.  I run across things as I do so, that make me take a pause to stop and reflect.  I have written so much poetry on this blog in my attempt to understand.  It would just come up from the core of me and pour out on the page so quickly.  It was not necessarily "good' poetry or reader friendly poetry but it always carried a message with it from inside.  It was like a lesson from spirit, I guess. It really was not a conscious process. 

I ran across this in the cleaning up  from way back in 2011.  I think it was written after a medical exam...when the examiner was trying to figure out if my complaints were legitimate or not...if I was legitimate or not. :) I have taken the liberty of editing it some...6 years later and I see a little more clearly.

Side note: I did it again getting 'light" and "like" mixed up lol,  All this time I thought the lyrics for the song "Memories" was..."like the corners of my mind". When I wrote it down it didn't look right so I looked it up ...sure enough, I was wrong lol



The Examination

 

I am hidden

in this container of
flesh and bone,
wrapped in a covering of skin.
that you closely examine.
You circle me,
your hand on your chin,
peering over  the spectacles
on the end of your nose
in an attempt
to determine what this package is.
With the white sleeves of your lab coat
crossed in front of you,
you  judge this vessel that I am in
by the size of it,
the shape of it,
the color of it.
But you do not see me.

You run your fingers over it,
checking the smoothness of it.

You tap it.

You hit it.

You shake it.

You cut slices from it.

You dissect it.

You examine pieces of it

under your microscope.

You look through the holes

you have made in it...

but you do not see me.



After hours of careful observation
you come to the scientific conclusion
that I am merely an empty package,
defined by the borders of my outer surface.

I am torn.
I am warped.
I am broken.

I am separate.

I am unique.

I am distinct.

I am alone.
But you do not see me.


 

See me. 

You can't define me by my packaging.
This, what I am in,
cannot contain me
or limit me?
I am spirit,
precious eternal spirit...

I am space.

I am nothing.

I am everything.

I am the same air that bubbles

and breathes inside of you.

I am the same hum that vibrates

through you and around you.

I am endless.

I am timeless

I am eternal

I am everything and more.

I am not an empty carton.

 

 

 

Stop looking through your
scientific eyes
that see so little
and
start looking at me
through the eyes of your soul
that see all.
This packaging that you probe

will dissolve away
to nothing,

with or without your intervention,

Do not waste your time

dissecting

to find the answer.

See instead the whole

and you will be blown away

by the fullness

of the truth.




Dale-Lyn (August 2011)


https://resources.blogblog.com/img/icon18_edit_allbkg.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment