Sunday, June 25, 2017

Visitors!


It ain't whatcha write; its the way atcha write it.
Jack Kerouac


I sit here on a beautiful Sunday morning with my tea and my words and readers!

Yesterday I got a whopping 301 readers to this site. I am both surprised and grateful.  I am grateful to The Mindful Word for linking me ( I am not sure if that is what you call it lol)  and for anyone who got curious and popped in.

Unexpected visitors and the house was a mess. The story of my life. lol

For those of you who stopped in, thank you  for having a peek at what I had to say.  I hope you found a little something to take out there with you...an idea, a thought, a feeling or even a word that would make your life and possibly the life of someone else a little better. 

Or maybe you just got a glimpse of my world and found yourself saying, "Nope!  Ain't going there, crazy lady!"  lol.  It is all good. 

If you are so inclined ...come back again.  If you are not, that's okay too.  I am still going to be here writing everyday or every other day...with or without you.  It would be nicer with you.  :)

At least now...I know there are other people out there besides my few loyal readers.  Knowing that, I think maybe I should clean up a bit, just in case you stop in again.  I don't care so much what you think of me ( no offense). I was never one to put on a show for others.  I am what I am, kind of thing and if you seen the state of my house you would realize the truth in that. :) I do, however, want you to feel comfortable when you are here. 



Those who have been here for a while are probably as comfortable in my mess as I am:) They blend in. I never did much housecleaning for them. Not because I did not think they were worthy of it but part of me didn't know how. 

You see, I am just now learning the technique of writing on line. Up until this point, I tended to write like I am writing for a publication you hold in your hands; one where you can lick the corners of each page with your  wet thumb as you slowly rifle through the words. The intent is to create a leisurely but somewhat challenging experience for the reader in that type of writing.  It is not so much the visual formatting of the text but the content that the writer focuses on.

On line formatting is so different, I discover, as I read.  Of course content is priority but in order to keep the busy reader who has their finger on the click button, ready to shift from one writer to the next, reading your words...one must be aware of the multitasking and high speed nature of the online reader's mind and accommodate. Shorter entries.  Shorter paragraphs.  Shorter sentences.  Get to the point!

I won't be able to accommodate all of that.  I am as wordy as hell! I am also not technically inclined to supply all the visual gadgets. That's probably not going to change but I can tidy up some by reminding myself that the reading experience is different here.  I can at least take the papers and the unfolded laundry off the chair so you can sit down.

Whether or not you stay for one entry or all of them, I want you to be comfortable as you read. I want you to know that you are always welcome even though I am not one to stand at the end of the drive way waving my hands for you to come in.  Come in if you want to.  Drive by if you don't. It's all good. I'll have the kettle on and a smile on my face...just in case you do stop by. 

  All is well in my little world.

No comments:

Post a Comment