Sunday, June 25, 2023

The Seat of the Yogi

 What is... must be, inside and out...

Michael A. Singer

Michael Singer, as if talking directly to me (lol), reminds us to get out of the way of the spiritual process occurring within us.  I have been asking..."What do I do?  What do I choose?" in order to make this awakening occur faster and all I have been doing is interfering with a process that has nothing to do with "me".

I am not liking this part of my awakening.  I am afraid and I am resorting to doing what most of us do.  I am trying to control my growth. Well...ego has stepped up and is trying to control the process.  What is happening inside is between God and my Deeper Being...it has nothing to do with "me".  "Me" has to step out of the way.

How?

Michael Singer tells us Karma Yoga, is  how. 

Work, do, keep busy with all the tasks asked of you through Life.  What is showing up in front of you  that needs to be done, right now?  I look about me and see a thousand things I could be doing. Someone need your help?  Some housework need to be done?  Something need to be fixed?  Do you have a job to show up for?  Children to look after? Pets that need to be walked or cared for? When we resist doing these things for the sake of our spiritual development ...we are resisting and getting in the way of the spiritual process! (I have been doing that big time).  

Do.  Ego might chirp and complain about doing these things but don't listen to ego!! Do it anyway! If it says, "Oh my! What about my time...I have no time for "me"...that is a good thing.  That is karma yoga: to be so busy with showing up for what Life gives you now, that you have no time for "me" and its tendency to want to run after things that take you out of "now".  Be here and now with every task you do.  When we are busy doing, as we stay open and aware of presence...the purifying process continues within us.  It doesn't need us to interfere with it. Our focus outward on "meaningful" busy work stops us from interfering. 

We can add certain things to our doing practice directly related to this mission.  We can meditate every morning.  We can do yoga .  We can pray. We can study and read and learn  or whatever in a committed way every day.   The key word is "committed".   (That, I do.)  But make it a point to show up everyday even when ego says, "Oh I would rather not do that."  Don't listen to ego...stay committed to your Karma yoga.

Man, I see how I have been interfering.  I was avoiding working on the mess outside in hope of fixing the mess inside.  But I had it backwards.  Instead of sitting with the mess inside, which is beyond our ability to fix, we can let God and the Higher Self work it out while we go about doing things we have the capability of doing. 

You sweep the floor because it is better than sitting in the mess inside.

It is not about what we do but how much of us is doing it.  Put your whole being into what shows up for you to do in each moment. That, Singer tells us, is spiritual.

Hmmm!  Anyway...that is something to think about.  As much as I resist "To-Do lists" , I think I am going to come up with a doing routine...a "Getting Through This Dark Night Karma Yoga Routine". A doing list with a spiritual purpose in mind will led to committed mindful doing, not mindless doing.  Maybe things will actually get done around here  too lol.   

Yeah...I do not want to get lost in the "doing"...but I also don't want to get lost in the "being"...at least that part of "being"  that has nothing to do with "me", like this purification process.  Hmmm! 

It is all good! 

All is well in my world.

Michael A. Singer/ Temple of the Universe ( June 25, 2023) Exploring Karma Yoga. https://tou.org/talks/


No comments:

Post a Comment