Friday, June 30, 2023

The Opening of Invisible Doors

 

By our calculations, 

thinking of nothing else;

by our desires, 

abandoning all other hopes;

by our efforts,

 renouncing all bodily comforts; 

we managed to gain entrance 

into this new world... 

so it seemed to us.

But we learned later

that if we were able  

to approach Mount Analogue [symbolic of Heaven]

it was because the invisible doors 

of that invisible  country

had been opened to us 

by those who guard them.

The cock, crowing in the milky dawn, 

thinks that its call raises the sun;

the child, howling  in the closed room, 

thinks that its cry opens the door 

but  sun and  mother  follow courses 

set by their own beings.

Those who see us, 

even though we can not see them,

open the door in answer 

to our puerile calculations,

our unsteady desires, 

and our awkward efforts

with a generous welcome. 

From Mount Analogue by Rene Daumal

As recited by Ram Dass in the below podcast

Ram Dass/ Be Here Now Network (2017) Ram Dass Here Now-Episode Four-Guru Found https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2RTmkol00U

Believe there might have been a host of unseen forces leading me to hear these words today. :) I felt compelled to share. 

Sitting here with chest pain. Was  feeling a bit  bummed that I was not able to stick to the activity plan I devised because my body said "no" but I decided this angina bout was one of those things that show up that one deals with.  So I am dealing. :) . Getting relief with the Nitro but it keeps coming back after about thirty minutes or so if I attempt to do too much. Not worried...at all...which I attribute to the fact that I have had this for years and know how it works for me. And because of my practice,  I no longer resist it, or get all tied up in the "this shouldn't be" of it.  It is as it is.  I don't run to ER like I used to either when the pain keeps coming back after the nitro wears off .  I just rest and muster through. I will go in if I absolutely have to but I am not there yet. I will know if that time comes. For now,  I deal with it when it is in my face and forget about it when it isn't.  I mean I pretty much totally forgot that I even have this. Yoga does so many wonderful things I am having less bouts .  And the medication I am on is working in keeping the episodes down. But it has not gone away.  It doesn't have to go either. My body knows its limits and is strongly telling me that I have been exceeding those limits over the last few days. Time to review my goals.  I will listen to the body and remember that all things happen for a reason.  This bout gave me the opportunity to rest, to spend time with my daughter and to listen to Ram Dass.  It may last a few days as these clusters tend to do.  I will just take it as it comes, expecting nothing...and accepting all of it.

It is all so very good! 


No comments:

Post a Comment