Friday, June 23, 2023

Just Don't Close!

 

Keep your heart open for as long as you can, as wide as you can, for others, and especially for yourself. 

Maurie Schwartz

I just realized something about the previous entry.  As I was sitting outside in the sun, surrounded by big beautiful trees, so much green, a blue sky and robins...so many robins singing and hunting for worms on my lawn....and as I was smiling over a memory of something silly my grandson did the day before...it came to me, "What was I saying? I am not completely closed! Far from it!" 

 I am open to appreciation when I am surrounded by  the beauty of nature .  I am open to  joy and love ...so much so when I am around my grandchildren.  I am open to excitement and enthusiasm at times.  I am open to creative inspiration or else I would not be writing this. I am not completely blocked.  There is light coming through all the time.  

My mind, however, has been focusing on that which is not pleasant and broken...on the blockages, casting a dark shadow over the light that is coming through.  Man I am not completely blocked...a lot of those old samskaras are crumbling and dissolving on their own...so more and more light can come through. I am at the point where I can "just not close!"  For some reason, when I heard that direction today ...I was seeing myself as so blocked...so closed ...no light coming through...so it did not make sense to me. Then as I was sitting "out there", experiencing "out there" because of the openings "in here"...it dawned on me..."I am not completely blocked or closed."  I never was. So yes it makes sense to not close anymore than I am closed so things can continue to come through. 

Oh the mind i a crazy, crazy thing.  Is it not? 

All is well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment