Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Good Days? Bad Days?

 

Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.

Victor Hugo



Was looking for some healing and helpful activity to help "pass the night away." ...and decided to answer more questions from the jar, in the very imperfect way that I do.

Back to the Dark Night

We are getting a lot of rain here and are told to expect this heavy cloud cover and heavy precipitation for another four days.  This stormy period represents, in  sense, what is going on inside me as I deal with this proverbial dark night of the soul. It is actually kind of cool.  I am learning to "calmly abide"  in it without my preferences,  and my resistance. I am doing pretty good focusing on that quality of calmness.  I mean, I do slip away from it...like when I opened the fridge last evening to discover that the soya sauce bottle had tipped over and what a mess!  There was a moment of reactivity there.  I felt the rush of anger and frustration...the urge to lash out at someone for not being more careful about putting things in the fridge...but I took a breath and stood back mentally.  I still felt those feelings, experience it all,  but I used that energy to clean the fridge and then I let it all go. Poof! Gone! Then I got back to my calm abiding in this rainy, extended dark night.I don't know when it will pass but I will find some peace in it. I will.

I hope that you will weather this rainy period  and this night, ( if you too are experiencing one) with a certain peace as well. 

All is well!

All is well

No comments:

Post a Comment