Monday, October 26, 2020

Surrender

 Surrender itself is a mighty prayer.

Ramana Maharshi 


I love that!  I am reading and I guess studying, The Teachings of Ramana Maharshi In His Own Words, by Arthur Osborne.  I an doing what Maharshi taught was not important. Theory, he said,  was secondary to practice and often got in the way of Self realization.  Yet here I am with 16 pages of notes and I haven't even gotten through the first chapter. I am a theory junkie...I seem to seek and need "the pointers''...I will read and study the teachings that will hopefully lead me to experience and from there I will realize I do not need teachings, lol

Anyway...I love the quote.  As I lay in the MRI tube today and it was making all its thunking and clanking noises...I decided it was a perfect opportunity to practice what I was learning. So I practiced with surrender and letting go. As I concentrated on breath I used the mantra, "Thy Will Be Done"...over and over again. And I felt so much peace.  Whatever this is...it is what it is... and its going to be okay.   I felt like I was praying in the most ultimate of ways and my prayer was being heard.

I'm good!

No comments:

Post a Comment