Monday, October 26, 2020

Sleepy Autumn

 Foliage, crimson  and vibrant red, fatigued by the evening hour,

surrenders to the briefest moment of  glorius   gold instead.

And  limbs undressing  lazily...stretch up against the greying sky

while   a yawning  Autumn,  puts the sleepy earth reluctantly to bed.


Me...October, 2020




Okay ...remember not to judge, eh? lol.  

The above words just popped  into my head on my way home this morning  when  I noticed how the once vibrant  red had given way to gold and then gold to bare trees. Early  Autumn, in my part of the world, is glorious and dramatic, then it becomes elegant with a subdued golden beauty to it ...and finally  sleepy, lazy and a litle sad.

Ironically as I was writing this...I looked outside to see a light coating of snow all over everything.  Hmmm!  The Canadian lanscape echoes the ever changing nature of Life.

All is well. 





No comments:

Post a Comment