Monday, March 20, 2017

Spring


The day the Lord created hope was probably the same day he created spring.
-Bern Williams

The First Day of Spring

I sit here on this the first morning of spring and what do I hear?  I hear the wonderful sound of birdsong outside my window...of robins especially.  As if on cue from some Grand Conductor we can not see or understand, they began to sing of joy, of new beginnings, of the life that is waiting beneath the frozen earth. 

Spring has sprung!  It's here. 

Yeah we in the Maritimes still have lots of snow and the appearance of winter will last for a bit  but spring is here.  Look at the light...it is golden and bright, warmer than winter light as it shines down upon the earth coaxing it to wake up.  Feel the warmth of promise as you stand outside with your face upturned toward the sky...that promise is trustworthy because it comes from the most trustworthy of sources. Believe it! Be uplifted by the hope that vibrates from every living thing out there...Spring is here.  Live it! Spring, as is life,  is full of wonderful miracles.

I love spring.  I love it for a thousand million reasons but mostly because it reminds me of how wonderful and precious life is.   It gives hope. And even though I am saddened by the news of a dear  friend's mother passing and the grief she is experiencing... I can see the miracle in that as well.  She has passed, like the little stalks of new plants, through the layers of frozen soil into the most glorious of springs.

Life is a series of transitions and springs...is it not? Life is full of hope.

All is well! 

1 comment: