Saturday, March 11, 2017

My Photos


Photography is the art of observation.  It has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them.
Elliott Erwitt

The Need to Capture More

My recently  stored images available for posting on this site are dwindling down to nothing :)  I really only went on two photo shoots this winter and I didn't always have the oompf to  take great pics :) You got what I could give you.   I know I have a whole world full of pics waiting to be taken and I will get those as my energy lifts...and it will lift...eventually. I will get out there with my cameras and get those images that make me and others say..."Yes this world is beautiful.  Isn't it great to be alive in it?"

 For now I put up pics that other kinder souls may respond to with:"ooohhhh...that's ...ummmm...interesting...or ...different?  What exactly is it? That big blob there in the middle... that kind of looks like a thumb shape...is that like a new type of effect?  Wow...it's very...ummm... abstract...."

What the Photographer Feels and Sees

It is all good.  You see what I see at the time I am behind the lens.  I see what I feel.  I feel what I think.  I think and perceive what I believe. So in a sense you see what my belief system is...my perspective on life at that moment.  Kooky, eh? 

What do you get from that less than great shot I put up yesterday? 

If I look at it for the first time this is what immediately comes up: Off balance...not aligned...a certain emptiness and space...destitution...with a pop of hope...deterioration...wasting away...stuck yet with space to move into...so much space to move into...honesty...real...authentic...no pretenses...it is what its mentality...??? 

Do you get that.  I had no idea what I was thinking when I took that shot...what frame of mind I was in but if  I see what I believe...heck...that's interesting. 

Never the Subject that makes a Shot

It is never the subject really that makes a great photo or an awful photo but where the photographer was in their frame of mind at the time it was shot.  It is the photographer's energy and how in sync vibrationally they were with the subject at the time that shows up, maybe?   Amazing concept, don't you think? Anyway, I find it fascinating that my photos can tell so much about where I am at in a space of time.  Try looking at one of my photos or any photos and guess where the photographer was at the time of shooting.

Could it be that what we feel when we look at the photo is the photographer, more so than the subject?

There is a great little writing contest out there on the net...I do not have the details...I just ran into it yesterday by accident.  A photo is shown and the contestant is to write a flash piece ( flash is usually under 250 words) related to that image.  Isn't that cool?  One is to build a story around an image...instead of create an image around a story.   Tapping into that creativity that is already there, we go beyond ourselves and our own little minds.

Anyway...on a rampage again...forgive me.  I will offer more photos eventually.  Maybe I will get some today.  Coming from this fatigue I am experiencing, they may be a little blurry lol but they will be honest.  You will know where I am at.

All is well in my kooky little world.  :)

All is well in my world.

1 comment: