Sunday, March 27, 2022

Yoga Beneath the Ripples

 Here is, in  truth, the whole secret of yoga, the science of the soul, the active turnings, the strident vibrations, of selfishness, lust and hate, are to be stilled by meditation, by letting heart and mind dwell in spiritual life, by lifting up the heart to the strong, silent life above, which rests in the stillness of eternal love, and needs no harsh vibration to convince it of its true being. 

The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali

(Is this the quote I originally put here?)


So many feelings in me these days.  Thank God...today I finally have the sense that I am being taken somewhere with all this confusion and chaos I have been experiencing lately.  I feel like after being stuck in an Eddy I am back in the flow.  Man I have no idea where I am going lol but I feel a certain confidence that I am going in the right direction...the one Life decides. Why?  I happened across a guided meditation today from Deepak Chopra on seven Sutras taken from Vedic and Yogic tradition.  Just listening to that I felt reconnected to what is really  important. I cried. Hmmm!

So much going on and I have been less than well physically that I got a little caught up and lost. The COVID was both a cause and an effect in my experience. You know, I have not done  so much as a round of salutations in a week and have not had a class in over two weeks.  I miss my yoga :) Well ...I miss the Hatha component. Yoga is such a part of who I am I can never be truly separated from it. Though, I have not been on the mat, I have still been practicing yoga with every conscious breath I take.  Every time I am aware I am breathing in and every time I am aware I am breathing out, I practice yoga.  Every time I close my eyes and sit with stillness I am practicing yoga.  Every time I become aware of my body experience as a witness of it, I am practicing yoga.  Every time I am aware I am in this body...yoga. Every time I am aware of the natural world around me ...yoga.  

The ripples in my mind just got in the way of me  seeing the Yoga that is there. 

All is well. 

Two spirits/One Soul ( July, 2017) Deepak Chopra- The Secret of  Healing Meditations and Transformation and Higher Consciousness https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaiP9RARZDs

No comments:

Post a Comment