Thursday, March 3, 2022

Being Guided Towards Compassion

 It is said you should not seek for Buddhahood outside yourself; the substances for the seeds of Buddhahood are within...all beings naturally have the seeds of Buddhahood in their own continuum, we have within us the seeds of purity...

The Dalai Lama

Serendipity Reinforcing The Need For Compassion 

Serendipity came into my experience of life  again this morning.  Yesterday I was writing about this sense of suffering I was experiencing in relation to witnessing and being a target for the unconscious projection of suffering onto the world. I could see that blaming, punishing  and hating those who seem to hate was not the answer to diminishing this collective suffering energy. I spoke of the need for more compassion , less labeling and less focus on punishment when  dealing with "offenders".  I was thinking about that  this morning when  a video showed up on my viewing list from Thich Nhat Hanh.(see below)   

Om Mani Padme Hum

Then later on, this chanting meditation seemed to be asking me to play it.  So I did .  It was so soothing. The chant was Om Mani Padme Hum. I had no idea what it meant so I looked it up.  The words of the mantra itself mean, The jewel is in the  lotus and it is a chant for evoking the embodiment of compassion, and awakening our buddha nature .  Hmm! 

Anyway, thought I  would share that.

All is well!

Plum Village/Thich Nhat Hanh (February, 2022) How Can I not Suffer When People are Not Good to this World? /Thich Nhat Hanh Answers Questions.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhLMho1bbSo

Acerting Art (Nov, 2017) Om Mani Padme Hum Chant. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq3eIaKQvfE

Shambhala Publications (n.d.) Jeffrey Hopkins What Om Mani Pradme Hum Means. https://www.shambhala.com/snowlion_articles/om-mani-padme-hum-dalai-lama/

No comments:

Post a Comment