Tuesday, March 1, 2022

A Reminder to Detach

 My actions are blissfully free from attachment to outcome (Om Anandham Namah)...As I let go of the need to arrange my life the universe brings abundant good to me. 

Deepak Chopra

Blissfully Free or Arranging? 

Are your actions blissfully free from attachment to outcome? Or are you still very busy trying to arrange your life? 

On Day 13 of  Deepak Chopra's meditation series  I am reminded about how we need to detach from outcome.  Our attachment to how things "should" turn out often leads to a great deal of frustration, effort and struggle to enforce or manipulate  our lives and the external world in order to achieve a certain outcome. This adds to the  suffering we experience and instead of getting us closer to the "thing" we want to achieve...it seems to keep that "thing" farther away.

"Things" according to Earnest Holmes, "are always results and never make themselves." Things are those objects of reality that are the results of the energy we put out there. They are forms in time and space we may desire or wish to realize. Time and space, however,  are limitations of the physical world. If we adhere to those limitations we will struggle constantly to get what we want from life. We will be limited. 

Pure Possibility? 

Deepak Chopra  tells us, in this mediation prelude, that Opportunities are unlimited and there is no space or time. What exists is pure possibility, pure potentiality that we operate through our thoughts, beliefs and intentions.  Therefore we need to be very mindful of what we are thinking and learn to create and activate healthier belief systems and attention focus.  

Mindfulness First

Thich Nhat Hanh teaches that we are often blocked from experiencing Life's bounty because of suffering we may be refusing to look at. Mindfulness helps us to touch all the emotions and core beliefs  we have stuffed inside us and it also help us to touch the wonders of Life in this very moment. (Healing is Possible in every Moment; 2013) 

We need to be very mindful of what we are experiencing in each and every moment, what we are thinking, believing, feeling...accept it, embrace it, look deeply into those core beliefs that are behind it all  and with mindfulness gently release those beliefs and trapped emotions that no longer serve us.  Then we need to plant healthier, more wholesome seeds into our subconscious, intend for a better way of being, better experiences  and then let go of how things turn out.  

Trust the Source

  Go directly to the source that lies within and proclaim your intention...detach from all expectations of out come by allowing everyone and everything the freedom to be exactly as they are.  Except uncertainty and witness the solutions and opportunity that  spontaneously spring from it and then step into the field of all possibility remaining open to its affinity of choices.  Deepak Chopra

It is my desire to detach from any outcome related to what I do here or with my writing in general.  I want to do it for the sake of doing it and not for what "I" ( this little clump of flesh that I erroneously believe is doing what I do here, separately and independently,  and who will alone reap any rewards should they come)  may gain from it. . And though  most of these actions are free from attachment to outcome and I am not changing anything to attract more readers...though I can honestly say I love these actions and regardless of outcome I will continue to do them...I would be lying if I said they were always  "blissfully" free of attachment to outcome. I still check my stats page everyday.  I still check my analytics. I still get confused and frustrated. Hmm!  But after a moment or two I let it all go.  I realize the bounty I have right here , right now, set a silent intention  for this work to do whatever it is meant to do, reach whomever it is meant to reach, and that I continue to make ends meat in the doing of it...then I let it go.  

I sit myself down , roll up my sleeves and type whatever is coming through me with so little struggle and so much joy.  

Hmmm!

All is well in my world. 

Om AnandhamNamah.... 

Deepak Chopra/Chopra Center (March, 2021) 21 Day Meditation Series on Abundance. Spotify 

Earnest Holmes (2007) The Wisdom of Earnest Shurtleff Holmes . Wilder Publications, Kindle Edition

Plum Village/ Thich Nhat Hanh ( March, 2013) Healing is Possible at Every Moment. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzCWBpS67jg

No comments:

Post a Comment