Thursday, March 10, 2022

Seen or Unseen

  as we look not to the the things that are seen, but to the things that are unseen.  For the things that are seen are transient, and the the things that are unseen are eternal. 

2 Corinthians 4: 18


Man...did I ever get way laid this morning.  Ego took me on another little trip down, Do they listen? Do they read me? Do they "get" me? lane.   I  checked the stats page again looking to see if "I" ( whoever that is)  was  seen.  One of the  videos "I" did was up so I listened to that one, and another would pop up and I would listen to that and on and on I went like Narcissus looking at his reflection in the lake. It surprises me when I see this side of me still so active. I feel almost ashamed of it after all my practice to dis entangle myself from its clutches.  I am still looking towards the seen.  Ego, in search of  the "other" recognition (the seen) it craves and finding little ( anywhere from 6 -20 viewers), settled with looking at itself.  It  kind of liked what it saw  (kind of lol) and that kept me viewing "myself" rather than writing here.  

Now, before this,  "Deeper I" always appreciated the videos because of the message and the intention behind them but ego always avoided looking at them.  It was embarrassed but there it was this morning judging  some of them as "not too bad!".  It also stroked itself with,  "They may not listen; they may not read me and they may not "get" me but I do. " 

The seen are all those things of secondary importance ego craves...like success, relationships, abundance, recognition, and even health. All these things can be found on the superficial level of existence and are impermanent and constantly changing. What is of primary importance, however, can not be seen.   It is the spaciousness found in the depth of who we really  are and it will never change.  Does it not make more sense to look towards that? . 

Man...someday I will be completely free of ego, won't I? I will stop looking towards the transient things that can be seen and instead will be focusing almost all my attention on that which is unseen and eternal?  Someday I will put away my egoic quests and be completely and happily immersed in the quests of Deeper I.

All is well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment