Sunday, August 8, 2021

Let It Fall

Because I Love This Life
by Rabindranath Tagore
(1861-1941)

“When I was born and saw the light
I was no stranger in this world
Something inscrutable, shapeless, and without words
Appeared in the form of my mother.

So when I die, the same unknown will appear again
As ever known to me,
And because I love this life
I will love death as well.”


https://www.spirare.name/because-i-love-this-life-by-rabindranath-tagore/ 


Hmm! I finished reading and then studying Life After Death by Deepak Chopra. It was a great book: deep, hard to read at times, honest and very real. I can honestly say that it helped me to understand and get past my fear of death.  And since the fear of death is the mother of all fears...I would strongly recommend this book to all fearful humans, which would be pretty well all of us, wouldn't it? 

Loving death will help us to love Life.  Just remember that there is a part of you benath all the conditioning, stories and images you created that is no stranger to Life and no stranger to death. This something is inscrutable, shapeless and without words.  The "unknown" is really the "known." 

Accept and appreciate the  reality of the impermanence of the body, the permanence of consciousness. Love your Life.

The body is like a cloak.  For the enlightened, dying is like letting the cloak fall to the floor. For the unenlightened, it is like ripping off a cloak that is sewn on. 

All is well in my world.  

Deepak Chopra (2006) Life After Death. Three Rivers Press: New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment