Friday, August 6, 2021

In, But Not Of

 Be in this world but not of it.

Wow! When a lot of challenges hit me at once I find myself very much in this world...lost in it almost and I forget that I am not of this world. I catch myself running off, pull myself back. I meditate with a hope to remind myself that I am the awareness of all this stuff going down around me ( this clump of flesh)  and through me ( body and mind) and not it...I want the reminder that though I may be in this busy world of form...I am not of it...that who I really am  comes from a place of stillness, quiet, spaciousness, a place I can go back to at any time.  Mind, however, as busy as it is, still reacts to the things going on around me and it is so convincing in its reasons why I should follow it and believe it, I often do.  I often  get lost in the stories it tells me. Sigh! 

I know I need to be in this world.  We are all  here for a reason.  We have these physical bodies and these active minds for a reason. Luckily I have evolved enough to know that I am not this body and mind...that they are just tools to help me navigate while I am here. That I am a Something coming from  a place the mind and body cannot understand at the conceptual and physical level. Still it is hard to balance the being in and the not of. ...balance the physical with the non -physical. 

I think I have always known in some strange way that I had one foot in both worlds...jumping back and forth like a runner warming up on the spot. It is hard to plant both heels down when you expect the gun to go off at any minute...even though that is exactly what a runner has to do before the race begins.

Anyway, it is all good. We will figure it out.

All is well in my world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment