Sunday, May 16, 2021

Some Great Purpose

 

When you are inspired by some great purpose, some extraordinary project, all of your thoughts break their bonds. Your mind transcends limitations; your consciousness expands in every direction; and you find yourself in a new, great and wonderful world. Dormant forces, faculties and talents become alive and you discover yourself to be a greater person than you ever dreamed yourself to be.

Patanjali

Hmm! Today I am focusing on the last sentence, Dormant forces, faculities and talents become alive...to go with our recent discussion on synchronicty.  Something amazing does happen when we are open to the wisdom of the Higher Self, when we are following our bliss, heeding our calling, listening to the muses...however, else you may want to describe inspiration. Things you never even realized you had within you come to life through synchronicity. 

There is a dormant force that comes to life in me when I sit to allow a poem through.  Man, my rational mind does not want to write poetry and it especially does not want me to put it out there or here...but when  some little voice inside me says "poem!" (and I don't mean that literally) I have learned over the eyars to stop resisting and  I sit my butt down. I write a poem.  

Certainly doesn't feel like a great purpose, or an extraordinary project to little "me" but I guess it is important to something within me.  I literally do not even know what I am going to write...one or two lines will kind of "come to me" and then the fingers do the rest.  They come out fast and a lot of times they come out pretty awful lol.  I may revise or  edit and if I do that is the only real ego involvement in it. Otherwise it is totally beyond me. My thoughts break their bonds and my mind transcends limitations.  

The thing about any poem I write is that there are so many synchronistic events that come to my awareness after writing it ...I will hear people referring to the lines in my poem or see something similar  in other context and then I will understand what my poem meant and why I wrote it.  I am so totally disconnected to the actual process and at the same time I am so completely swept away by it. I do not understand it. 

Remember Jung's approach to synchronicity offered in the quote from two days ago? Now...what I do not want to do is paint this process of writing poetry and the synchronicity that follows  as a mystical, fantastical or magical experience.  I want to strip off the magic, fantasy and superstition. I want, for some reason, to remove the "woo-woo" so it is viewed as a real learning opportunity  that involves moving us toward something we have yet to truly understand.
 
What I am learning to do with my poetry, and synchronicity in general,  is the same thing Carolyn Myss says we should do with living: approach  it with no judgement, expectation or concern about what will happen next.

We are ll being taken along some path to some great purpose...let's let go our need to lead and control this journey... and simply follow. 

All is well.








No comments:

Post a Comment