Sunday, May 2, 2021

Allowing It All Into The Circle

The sound of the rain needs no translation.

as quoted by Alan Watts in the video below







I love the sound of the rain and by the cloud cover out there I think I will be hearing it again soon. 

I also love this little quote because it speaks to this idea that we cannot always translate Life and the experience of it into words, ideas, concepts or explanations to appease the mind.  There is simply a "beingness" to Life that can only be experienced.

Many of us are looking for, striving for "knowledge" on how to enjoy Life and ways to spread that joy instead of just enjoying each moment of it as it unfolds before us.  We are too busy trying to get someplace 'up there'  to enjoy what is now. 

To spread joy you have to have joy, to impart delight you must more or less be delightful...you have to do things that are a delight for you....People who are interesting are people who are interested. 

 I come to the realization, that after all the "work" I have done, that  I am still striving for something I have yet to feel I "achieved". My "search" for peace of mind, for joy, for a sense of purpose in this life time has led me full circle. 

I am going around in big bold circle aren't I?  We all are, aren't we? That is Life... a perpetual rhythmic circling...not a linear process of from here to there. 

Throughout my circling "in search of peace" I have had tremendous moments of peace, joy, laughter, clarity and faith, , realization of growth, and moments where I sensed "achievement''.  I have also had moments of turmoil, stress, grief, confusion and doubt, a feeling of being stuck and moments when I sensed failure. 

Even in those dark moments there was a certain, underlying supportive presence, a love that I cannot translate accurately into words. This Something or No-thing that I can not explain, gently guides me and encourages me, motivates me to move around and around and around again even when I am not conscioulsy aware of it.

My mind may tell me "I am searching for peace in order to end suffering " and "when I suffer I have failed in my mission" .  But this loving Something or No-thing reminds me that I am simply circling...moving in and moving out of circumstances,  as circumstances move in and out of me...the way Life intends. 

I am going to keep circling...even if my search for peace, which is nothing more than an idea, is dropped . The more I realize and connect to this Something or No-thing that moves me  the less I have to search or strive for anything. I can witness it all , enjoy it, find delight in it  I will not  get hung up by the dark moments, the heavy circumstances, the apparent failures( which are really no different than my achievements) and this idea that "I am not quite there." 

There is no "there".  It is all just "here".  Living Life from "here" will make me interesting, and allow me to spread joy and impart delight as we are all meant to do. 

How lovely is that?

All is well in my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment