Thursday, May 20, 2021

 Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen.

Ralph Waldo Emersen 

My ego, as you know, leads me to my stats page every morning so I can read what others have recently read.  I came across something from February 2017 about an opposite challenge practice I was doing. In that entry I used  my inability to maintain  my household in a way I liked as the example of what I didn't want in my present set of circumstances. The last column of a working chart depicts the tangible and measurable specifics of what I wanted . Since that entry I will highlight in that column what I actually manifested or came to be.   It is pretty cool. 

What I don’t want in my life right now that I might be stuffing or resisting

I accept

What I want in my life ...the Opposite of what I don't want

Things that will assist this to happen
I have  a house right now that is often dirty, messy, cluttered, dusty, smelly, full of dog hairs, with an oven in desperate need of cleaning, floors that never look clean even when they are. I feel too tired to do more than I am doing and it is getting out of control.  It is chaotic.  I and the kids are embarrassed to have people over because of it.  My daughter is ashamed of it and I feel guilt and shame for this part of my parenting…I am not providing a clean enough environment for my children.  I also worry that others…neighbors and her friends and their parents might not understand my predicament and think I am lazy and neglecting my children because of the state of my house. I do what I can but it is obviously not enough
I accept that my house is not the way I want it or believe it should be right now and that I am not keeping up with 100% of my parenting responsibility; nor am I meeting social expectations....during this time I perceive a lack of energy, and prioritize differently than others might
I want a cleaner home: one that smells fresh when you walk in the door and is free of clutter of shoes both on the matt and or in the mudroom, with walls that look fresh and clean.  I want clean countertops that are limited in harmful bacteria, sinks that look clean, crumb free bread box and utensil drawers. Clean and fresh looking cupboards inside and out, clean stove and oven, clean fridge, a floor that looks clean and is easy to manage, clean windows, tidy table, clean hardwood floors through out, paw print and nose print free glass on French doors, garbage and recyclables organized and hidden from view (and smell), bright airy living room with a couch that is dog hair free (or contained to pet covers that stay in place), clean bathrooms with  laundry organized and put away, clean bedrooms that are completely floored, and limited in pet hair and smell,  Clean, freshly painted  basement stairs and basement …creating a fresh smelling, dust free and welcoming atmosphere for the kids to hang out. 
 
To feel good about welcoming people in to my home.
  We could     hire someone to come in to do the heavy cleaning (They may need to pressure hose the whole house down :))

Hire someone to come in once a week   

  Throw out half the stuff I am clinging to that is adding to clutter

        New stone counters that are easy to clean and care for ,I didn't get stone counters...out of myprice range  at this point..but I faux painted my countertops marble with my daughter's help...looked pretty cool for a while. 

Paint cupboards with easy to clean paint....daughter and I used a cabinet refinishing kit and painted them a lovely colour

Paint walls,

purchase a better easy to use mop that I can run through the house twice a week with

purchase better garbage/recycling disposal systems for inside and out

Purchase a Roomba vacuum to vacuum for me when I am too tired. (which is always lol)  This will help to keep the pet hair down to a minimum...got one as a gift

Remove wall between kitchen and living room to open up the space, allow for more air and light to circulate...created a large opening for a pass through lunch counter...really made a difference with the light

Better pet covers on furniture

Kids to regularly help with chores (do their own laundry!) 

Air purifiers

Self cleaning oven...when D. move din after his house fire I adopted his brand new self cleaning oven


Dishwasher

New kitchen floor that is easy to clean ( no grouting!)

Minimalize...remove lots of the furniture
 


I have everything but the dishwasher  and hired help checked off ...isn't that cool?  I wasn't even aware I was completing my list as the things showed up. 
Just thought I would share!
All is well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment