Friday, March 12, 2021

Writing About Pain

 


Took yesterday's post down.


Why?


It came off complainy.  I was focusing on pain,  the less than positive that was happening to my body and in my life. It all seemed like a very narcissitic adventure.

So I took it down.  

But as I was writing about why I took it down, this came to me. 



Pain 


It wakes me up;

it knocks me down;

it causes me to curl up in a ball.

I step away;

I slap away;

I slip away into "me"


It steeps,

it bubbles up

until  it boils over, 

scalding 

and inflaming "my" tender flesh

into a vibrant shade of red.

 

If only  I could remember

that all I have to do

is not panic

and reach over with one trembling limb,

to lift the cover the mind provides 

up and away,

just so  pain,

in gasps of steam, 

can escape

while humanity patiently 

watches the boiling sensation

be reduced to a simmer.


I can manage a simmer. 

We can all manage a simmer.

Dale-Lyn, March, 2021



And then I felt compelled to put yesterday's post back up. 

Isn't it okay to express how we all can  overcome the suffering pain brings about when we allow story, resistance and impatience ito escape from the  experience, even if it is an "I" explanation?  I also  wanted to express how pain is a human experience rather than an individual one...even when it seems so personal.  Expressing pain, allowing it to be released helps to reduce the pain of human  Life to a simmer.

I often write in "I" but I do want to take that "I" and expand it into a greater Self. 

As far as the dreams I can have go...don't get hung up on that.  I don't understand them.  I just , at this point, trust them. And I haven't a clue why.  Call it woo-woo if you want to.  It is all good. 

All is well.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment