Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Readers

 Readers are not sheep, and not every pen tempts them.

Vladimir Nabokov


Well dear readers or dear bots whatever you are, I see your numbers are dwindling again.  Sometimes the stat  peeks are as high as a 100 perday (well that is high for me lol) and now today you are down to 7. And it's all okay! It is a reminder like the stocks I invest in (with my whopping big  retirement fund...sarcasm)  of how all things in life are always waxing and waning...you go up and down, you come and go, you flow in, you flow out and it is all good as it is. 

If my writing  energy were to be dependent on the readership stats, or on your opinion of me...then that would be a problem.  But it is not.  Whatever is pulling me here is bigger than you ( no offense) and it is bigger than me.  So obediently I come and I do what I am asked to do. How many readers I get is secondary to my mission.  Heck I am not even quite sure what that is yet! 

Thank you though for reading.  I do appreciate it.  

And if it just a bunch of R2D2's randomly tapping in that give me the occassional spikes ...I am okay with that too...because it is what it is and what is...is. 

All is well!

No comments:

Post a Comment