Friday, March 5, 2021

Everything can heal

 You look at me and cry:everything hurts; I hold you and whisper: but everything can heal.

Rupi Kaur


It is lovely out there...I love the light!!! 

I have this strong urge to seek a deeper answer regarding a big issue...after finding out that someone who I feel needs it has been taken off all antipsychotics for a reason I cannot understand! He, I discovered, has actually been without these meds since the time that dark, heavy feeling remerged in me? 

I am like "WTF(rontdoor)?"...I am not even going to try to go to the mental health system...any system  to ask , "Why?" "Why is this happening?  Why is there such a deficiency of  help in this area when the need is so very, very great? "  

The system, I know,  is so overwhelmned.  Individuals within it, as well meaning and caring as they may be, have no choice but to close down and shut off.  Pointing out inadequacies, blaming and judging those who work within this system is not the answer. They, for the most part, are likley doing the best they can!

My gut tells me not to go there for help or to point a finger.   It tells me, instead,  to sit in meditation and ask, "What am I to understand from this and what can I do to help?" 

That is what I did today.  That is what I will keep doing until the answer comes.

So, so ironically, when I finished meditaton today I immediately happened upon a news story about mental health in my province and the call for reform.  They mentioned the need to expose the deficiency.  I get the feeling we need to instead dig for the solutions and implement them. Not just by getting more funding, psychiatrists and other professionals trained in this area...which would be great for sure...but by getting to the root of this "pandemic" of suffeirng that is taking palce in the age group especially between 15-30. 

I have always been big on preventive health...let's teach kids at a young age about life's contrasts ... the 10,000 joys as well as the 10,000 sorrows...  so they are better able to cope with both.  Hmmm! That's what my gut is telling me. 

All is well

No comments:

Post a Comment