Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Attempting to Control Life with the Mind

You recreate the world within your mind because you can control your mind where as you can't control the world.  That is why you mentally talk about it. If you can't get the world the way you like it, you internally verbalize it, judge it, complain about it, and then decide what to do about it. This makes you feel more empowered. ...you feel better.  In the thought world there is always something you can do to control the experience.

Michael A. Singer, the untethered soul, page 12


Hmmm!  Now that is something to think about lol.

How much do you narrate your life so you do not have to "live" your life?  How much time do you spend in your head rather than in your body or moment? What world are you in right now?  The thought world? Or the real world? 

Well yesterday's post shows that I am not near as evolved as I would like to be. I am obviously still very much in the thought world, narrating my life so I am not actually living it.  

I looked around the real world recently  and realized I didn't particularly like the way it was. So I internally (and externally) verbalized it, judged it, complained about it and then went on a mission to decide what to do about it. 

Why did I do this?  

Reality is just too real for most of us, so we temper it with the mind.

-Singer, Page 13

Because it gave me back some of the  power I felt life circumstance was taking away.  Thinking the way I did and writing it all out here made me feel better.  I actually had this false sense that I was regaining control of something I was never meant to control...Life! 

Outwardly Sharing the Mind's Voice

My writing is and always has been an expression of the world I created in my mind, not necessarily what is real. Yesterday, I took the  circumstances I was witnessing  and selected and chose which ones best suited the theme of my present schemanta(Negative), matching them up with judgement and interpretation to similiar thoughts and memories from my so called past and  similiar expectations and projected visions I had for the future. I then created this narrative, this story that I spilled out here on this page. 

All along, it was just a story...just a voice chirping away in an attempt to make "me" ( whoever this "me" is)  feel better, to trick me into feeling like I had some control over Life and that there was something I could "do" to make it all better.  

Hmmm! Meanwhile Life was being Life, doing what Life does. Circumstances were just flowing through and past as all things of form are meant to do. "I" ...who I really am...am not these things nor am I the narrator/the voice that gives play by plays to myself or others about these things.

I am the witness! I am the one that silently witnesses Life and the mind that intreprets it

When will I finally get that and give up my need to narrate?  

(Well that would be a tricky thing for a writer to do lol.  I would offer nothing but blank pages if I stopped narrating.  So maybe it is a good thing I am merely in the beginning stages of awakening, so I still have something to offer here.) 

Rereading the untethered soul.

All is well! 

Come to know the one who watches the voice, and you will come to know one of the great mysteries of creation.

Singer, page 13

Michael A. Singer ( 2007) the untethered soul. New Hrabinger/ Noetic Books

No comments:

Post a Comment