Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Drsta Dharma Sukha Virharin

 Drsta dharma sukha virharin

-The Buddha

What?

Those lovely Sanskrit words that come from one of the Buddhist sutras  (I am not sure which one), and which I heard in a dharma talk from Thich Nhat Hanh today,  can be translated to mean:  dwelling happily in things as they are or dwelling peacefully and with ease in the here and now. 

I want drsta dharma sukha virhari for you.  I want it for me.  I want it for every being on this planet. Imagine what life would be like if we all had it.

I sit here with that dark heavy and confusing  feeling in the background of my experience, while I watch snow being blown almost ferociously over a cold landscape in the forefront of my experience and I feel a certain happiness with  things just as they are.  I find a certain  peace and an ease in this here and now.  I am indeed finding the capacity for drsta dharma sukha virharin.  Hmm! 

I offer you this video because it reminds me of the need to accept all things, even anxiety or fear, as they are. And please check out the amazing words of Thich Nhat Hanh in the link below.

Namaste





All is well.

Thich Nhat Hanh (October 2020) Sitting, Resting and Not Worrying https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jANxd6YGdAA

No comments:

Post a Comment