Tuesday, March 9, 2021

A Little Nudge to Keep Going

 

No work is insignificant. All labor that uplifts humanity has dignity and importance and should be undertaken with painstaken excellence. 

Martin Luther King

So today my stats reveal that I have had over 60,000 readers (not just for today lol...but so far...since 2017).  It seems like such a big number, more than I ever expected, but I am still not really sure what that means because I am not sure if those registered hits are actually from sources who have read or who even can read. I have been informed that there are plenty of bots out there. (I picture a bunch of R2D2's randomly punching the keys on some computer keyboard...that is how up to date my technological understanding of things is lol)). 

For other vloggers or bloggers who get  well above the 100,000 viewer/reader mark  in a few days or weeks,  60,000/ a five year span is probably such an insignificant number anyway.

But when I allow "Sixty-thousand" to roll off my tongue I get a nice feeling inside me.  Not because I think  "I, in this little typing form, have been 'recognized' but because it "may" mean that this learning that  is so important to me...this internal pull I have to come here everyday so as to pass it on...may actually be received by at least a few. It, my chosen 'work',  may not just be for "nothing". 

I know the more I come here to spit all this stuff onto the page, the more I am learning, the more I am growing, healing, moving forward in a direction  that brings peace.  I don't think I am doing it just  for  me though nor do I want to be. When I come here I sincerely hope I am doing it for a higher purpose I have  yet to completely understand....that I am using the little  I have left to give away  to  serve.   Hmmm!

So for some reason...whether it has to do with some left over ego gratification I am still clinging to or this realization that I may actually be doing my small part to uplift humanity...60,000 readers is like a little pat on the back from the universe, a little gentle nudge to keep going. So I do.  I keep going. 

All is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment