Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Thanks to Readers Around the World

There is no distant places any longer:  The world is small and the world is one. 

Wendell Wilkie 

Stats are revealing a low readership again. I  have learned that the bit of  readers I am getting are actually over represented on my stats...so the numbers are even  lower than what I see lol . That's fine...I don't get too hung up on that. 

I have to wonder though...why people are tapping in. Why? I wonder.  Are they actually reading what I write? What are they getting from it? Who are they?  What are they like?  Do they think like me or are they interested in what I write because it is so different from the way they think? Are they writers or teachers? Bloggers? 

Maybe they are tapping in because they see me as the what -not-to do in writing and teaching and are using me as an example. Maybe they are concerned or entertained by  my "woo-woo". Maybe they are  getting a kick out of counting typos or grammar errors and are not a bit interested in the content lol ( have had those before in other writing mediums...well I at least am keeping them busy with the the typos :) . 

Or maybe they actually like how I write and what I have to say? 

...Are they respecting what they read here as "my"  stuff, crediting me for it or are they taking it from me ? (I want to remove that thought from  my head as quickly as it comes in but it does come in for some reason. I have to be honest. ) 

Am I helping them in some way?  (How I would love to be helping them) Can they help me? Well they are helping me...regardless if they intend to or not.  They are giving me numbers and hope that I am reaching someone somewhere as I feel pulled to do. They help motivate me to sit.  When I sit down to write I think of them and wonder what I can say or share that will make their journey through Life a little easier. 

So numbers are really not that important as long as I am reaching and touching someone's mind for the better. Am I doing that?

What is fascinating to me...is to see countries from all over the world showing up on my stats again and again, including my own..

Thanks Canadians...for stopping by whether it was intentional or by accident lol. 

It is obvious that someone or someones from below the border is/are consistently tapping in to my page as well. They have the biggest representation. Who are my American friends who are reading this, I wonder.   Is it one or two or more that are taking up most of the space on my stats bar?   So to my American friends...I say thank you very, very much for tapping in to my page so consistently and loyally.  Though I do not know who you are, nor do I need to, I write for you.

Then there is my Romania friend...I am quite sure that is one person lol...showing up quite frequently from so, so far away. Thank you! Again...I don't know who you are or what you are getting from this ...all the same questions that apply above apply to you...I am hoping though you are gettting something "positive" from being here  and  I want you to know that I  see you through the way you represent your country on the stats page.

I get other Eastern European and former USSR countries on my stats as well ...Bulgaria, Hungary and of course a country I am so fascinated by for its history and art ...Russia ... the same thing...thank you. 

European countries show up often: Netherlands, Germany, France, Italy ( and others) 

These countries named are the ones that have been named as the location of readers in the last 30 days. Seeing the names of these countries tickles  a travelling bug within me.  It would be wonderful to visit each and everyone of them...to experience the culture, the art and architecture, the geography, the language and the spirit.

Though the numbers may be low, there are a lot of countries that repeatedly show up in readership. And if these readers are showing  up for healthy reasons and if they walk away with something valuable...that means this message, though it may not be reaching many,is certainly going far.  How cool is that?

Thank you so much readers!!! 

All is well in my world.  


No comments:

Post a Comment