Friday, July 9, 2021

Nana's Lessons

Nana's Lesson Number One: Nothing from this Physical World Will Fill You Up  


If I ever get the chance to teach my grand daughter anything, or my grandchildren -to- be something of value...I will start by telling them not to exhaust themselves looking to the outside world for fulfiment or happiness. No matter how tasty "the cake " it offers may be, how fun it is to dig those hands right into it and how tempting it is to cling to it by attaching a big "My" or "Mine" to it. ...it ...whatever it is that is sought out there in the world of form...will not fill some make belief void within  . It may, in fact, actually make them sick. 

Of course, I am not literally referring to this cake my granddaughter had so much fun with but it could  represent a deeper learning, couldn't it? 

I want my grandchildren to learn that they are already whole and complete and truly only need to go inward to see that.  I want them to enjoy Life for sure...to try the cake that is offered, have fun with it, mush it up if they want to but know...in their core...that it is not what they need.  I want them to see that constantly seeking gratification from such cakes will be a futile task. Of course, they will have to enhance that  learning  by getting a few belly aches.  Then,  I want them to know that even the belly aches are as  wounderful as the cake itself, and just as fleeting. 

Hmmm!  There is so much I would like to teach, if I ever get the chance.

All is well in my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment