Sunday, July 11, 2021

Sweet Surrender

 I found this in a hardcopy of old blog entries dating back to 2010, a time where I found myself intensely seeking the end of suffering through meditation. I thought I would share it here.

Sweet Surrender

I close my eyes and breathe in the humid air around me, 

allowing it to fill the space in my belly before escaping back into the universe.

I listen for the silent pauses between each chorus of breeze 

as the elegant leaves twist around the branches above my head.

I sit still beneath these maginificent beings 

that require no label to explain their existence.

I feel my body sinking into the earth, 

becoming one with it and all around me.

I surrender to the state of consciousness within me, 

allowing it to consume me like a lover at one with my soul.

I whisper "yes"  between trembling lips 

as the spaciousness expands  

creating more lucious distance between me and my thoughts, 

my roles, special others, and the things I call mine.

I can see and understand all that exists in the physical realm 

but I am no longer glued to any of it by tenacious strings of ego.

I let go.

Like words that suddenly become sharper 

when the page is held at arms length....

I see it all more clearly.

It is more precious than I could ever imagine 

and I don't need any of it.

All I need is within me.

I suddenly stop breathing for myself.

I stop living my little life 

and instead feel my life being lived and breathed 

by the One.

 

©Dale-Lyn, August, 2010 

No comments:

Post a Comment