Tuesday, February 28, 2017

By the Soul Only

Life cannot be acquired by the mind.  It can only be understood by the soul.
-me

Only the Soul Can Write Poetry and Understand it

Wow!  That poem from the last post  popped out of me pretty fast.  I knew I had to write  a poem.  I dreamt a poem last night...had all the stanzas and meter and rhythm down perfectly in my mind.  So I sat down this morning as soon as I woke up to see if it would come out. 

This one came out instead...in a little over ten minutes.  It is one of those poems I have no idea what it means ...yet.  When I go back in a few days it will make perfect sense to me.  I know it has something to do with my attempts to understand what is going on inside me but I am not going to get to the message right now.  Head is still spinning.  I just think it is amazing that it came out of me.

Poetry is not necessarily about perfection or technique as it is about truth.  Poetry offers us a certain truth that comes from the soul and speaks to our soul more so than our minds.  So how can it be good or bad?  Maybe poetry is some thing we cannot judge in that way. We just have to be willing to hear the truth.  All truth is beautiful isn't it? 

Whether we write it or read it... poetry is simply "Soul talk".  Hmmm!

All is well in my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment