Monday, February 27, 2017

A Practice with "The Opposite Challenge"

Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen. -
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Another Whiny Rampage

Oh well...so much for being pelvic pain free lol.  I am even more convinced that it is nothing more than a bit of endometriosis flaring up as my hormones go flaring out.  Night sweats like you wouldn't believe.  Anyway controlling the pain with good old Naprosyn which takes care of the other issues too.  So I am good.  Might not have felt so great last evening well into the wee hours of the morning but right now I am good...and now is all there is.:)

Enough of that.  Now to get on to The Opposite Challenge

Working on what I call the "Opposite Challenge" to help me deal with all the "unwanted" things in my life that I have been resisting and therefore they have been persisting.  :)

I began  a four column list the other day.  In the first column entitled "What I don't want" I  write out and describe one thing that is constantly showing up in my life that I don't want. 

In the next column, my "I accept" column,  I come to peace with having this thing in my life "right now".  I write my accept affirmation in a way that allows me to step away from the feeling of being "stuck" and trapped" with this unwanted thing and implies that what ever I am experiencing is only temporary.

In the third column I write "What I want" and I do that by writing down the opposite of my don't want. 

The forth column is all about what specifically can be done to make this happen or what is expected "when" it shows up in the ideal situation( as if there was no such thing as impossible, or scarcity, or limitation).  It looks a little like this:

Here is an example

 

What I don’t want in my life right now that I might be stuffing or resisting

I accept

What I want in my life ...the Opposite of what I don't want

Things that will assist this to happen
I have  a house right now that is often dirty, messy, cluttered, dusty, smelly, full of dog hairs, with an oven in desperate need of cleaning, floors that never look clean even when they are. I feel too tired to do more than I am doing and it is getting out of control.  It is chaotic.  I and the kids are embarrassed to have people over because of it.  My daughter is ashamed of it and I feel guilt and shame for this part of my parenting…I am not providing a clean enough environment for my children.  I also worry that others…neighbors and her friends and their parents might not understand my predicament and think I am lazy and neglecting my children because of the state of my house. I do what I can but it is obviously not enough
I accept that my house is not the way I want it or believe it should be right now and that I am not keeping up with 100% of my parenting responsibility; nor am I meeting social expectations....during this time I perceive a lack of energy, and prioritize differently than others might
I want a cleaner home: one that smells fresh when you walk in the door and is free of clutter of shoes both on the matt and or in the mudroom, with walls that look fresh and clean.  I want clean countertops that are limited in harmful bacteria, sinks that look clean, crumb free bread box and utensil drawers. Clean and fresh looking cupboards inside and out, clean stove and oven, clean fridge, a floor that looks clean and is easy to manage, clean windows, tidy table, clean hardwood floors through out, paw print and nose print free glass on French doors, garbage and recyclables organized and hidden from view (and smell), bright airy living room with a couch that is dog hair free (or contained to pet covers that stay in place), clean bathrooms with  laundry organized and put away, clean bedrooms that are completely floored, and limited in pet hair and smell,  Clean, freshly painted  basement stairs and basement …creating a fresh smelling, dust free and welcoming atmosphere for the kids to hang out. 
 
To feel good about welcoming people in to my home.
  We could     hire someone to come in to do the heavy cleaning (They may need to pressure hose the whole house down :))

Hire someone to come in once a week   

  Throw out half the stuff I am clinging to that is adding to clutter

        New stone counters that are easy to clean and care for ,

Paint cupboards with easy to clean paint.

Paint walls,

purchase a better easy to use mop that I can run through the house twice a week with

purchase better garbage/recycling disposal systems for inside and out

Purchase a Roomba vacuum to vacuum for me when I am too tired. (which is always lol)  This will help to keep the pet hair down to a minimum

Remove wall between kitchen and living room to open up the space, allow for more air and light to circulate

Better pet covers on furniture

Kids to regularly help with chores (do their own laundry!) 

Air purifiers

Self cleaning oven

Dishwasher

New kitchen floor that is easy to clean ( no grouting!)

Minimalize...remove lots of the furniture
 


We Could add Two More Columns

I could take it a step further and put in a column five entitled "I have". 

In that column I could write everything in column four as if I already have it.  For example I could write:  A professional cleaning company has come in to clean my house and now I have someone hired to come in once a week to maintain it.  At least half of the previous clutter is gone to charity. I have clean and easy to maintain stone counters that always shine,  I have freshly painted cupboards and walls that are easy to wipe clean. I mop the floor with ease twice a week with this easy to use mop. The new garbage/ recyclable container in the kitchen and the one outside...help to keep garbage hidden away.  Our Roomba works hard so I do not have to...and there is no little to no hair.  The pet covers fit nicely over the bit of furniture  we have and contain the remainders of the pet hair.  The air is fresh in this open spacious house thanks to the wall down and the air purifiers.  There is so much light brightening up everything. Kids are helping out with cooking on the self cleaning oven, taking turns loading and emptying the dishwasher; and washing and putting away their own laundry.   The kitchen floor looks clean enough to eat off of.   Kids have their space downstairs and bring friends over all the time.  I have people in as well.  It is all good."   

Probably more importantly...I should put in a column 6 entitled " I feel". 

In this column I would focus on the good feelings I have when I affirm column 5 over and over again imagining it to be true already.  "I feel peaceful, worry-free, content, warm, confident and more than welcoming when I look at my home before opening it to others.  When the doors are closed, I feel so content and peaceful in my clean little habitat.  I feel secure in knowing that I am  doing my part in creating a clean, secure environment for those I love."   The feeling component s where the vibrational energy exists. Feeling good is essential.  That feeling will come with a certain belief  in what you are saying. If you honestly do not feel good: a bit of hope, relief, excitement, peace, contentment when you do this exercise...then you need to go back and change the wording of your statement in column 5 until you "feel" the reality of it, until it is more believable to you. 

Of course...I have no clue how I would make all this happen considering my financial and physical limitations ...but the trick is not to worry about the "how" these things will come about...just focus on them as if they are already on their way or here! Well...we will see how it works.  I will revisit this in a month to see where I am at.  :)

All is well in my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment