Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Restless wind


Restless Wind

I feel you pulling me a part
and making me whole
like I have never been
yet have always been
at the  same time
which is no time

blowing like a restless wind
that has some place it needs to go
determined to get through
you open up parts of me I don't want opened
and leave me standing in the wake of your destruction
in the aftermath of your perfection

you whisper things to me as you rustle through
dipping and dodging through my weary mind
as I attempt to understand your garbled speech
and memorize  your lessons
to no avail
your instruction is beyond me
yet it is me

I spin around in circles
trying to grasp you
catch you
own you
but I can't
like the tiny grains of sand on a beach
you slither and wiggle through the spaces in my fingers
and are gone
leaving me with nothing tangible to hold on to
to make sense of

yet
in the nothingness
in the emptiness
in the ignorance I walk away with
I know
you have shown me
everything I need to know


Dale-Lyn 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment