Friday, February 3, 2017

Wisdom

Been lamenting here again and I said I wasn't going to do that.  Just tired and tired of being tired.  No big deal.

The Wisdom of Acceptance

Sometimes I wonder about accepting everything.  Should we accept everything in life or should we change certain things too?  Sometimes change is as a good as a rest. 

For some people, like my daughter , who is feeling this way and who has not yet lived her life and filled it with experiences...she needs the excitement of change...of challenge...of stimulation.  She needs to have change in her outside world. 

What about people who lived a lot of struggle amongst the joy already?  Do we pack it all in and settle for the night?

I am in a place where I "am tired"...and I want to make peace with my lack of energy. But is that enough? Maybe even for me sometimes...I need more than the peace I am seeking in acceptance of my life...I need to live fully while I can....challenge myself, push myself, create change. 

Hmmm!  The serenity prayer comes to mind as I write this...maybe that is where I am at:
 
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the   courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference.
 
 
I want the wisdom to know the difference so I can do what is best for me and others. 
 
 
All is well in my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment