Thursday, February 2, 2017

Skating on the River

Be free and live life fully.
Caroline Shaw (Brainy Quote)

Skating on the River

My daughters went skating on the river yesterday. 

One gift the ice storm gave us is a beautiful glassy ice rink that extends for miles. 

I was so envious...I couldn't go with them for several reasons.  I was in bed after recovering from another bout of pelvic pain and I also knew the cold air and exertion would lead to chest pain and other symptoms...but man...the thought of that freedom of skating, spinning, flying on the ice without any sense of boundary or limitation.  I crave that!!!!

I absolutely love to skate...especially outdoors. It is one of my favorite freedoms :) Takes me away from everything but the movement, the sound of blades cutting through ice and that feeling of complete omnipotence.  (well ...until I fall on my butt lol).

Despite my symptoms, I went three times last year ( indoors) when I was feeling better in January.  I have never had my skates on since. I don't feel quite as well now as I did then.  I am so tempted to try it anyway regardless of how I feel. 

Yesterday after the girls left I had this tremendous sense of loss.  I was reminded that I wasn't truly living...just thinking about living and writing about living but if I was living wouldn't I be dragging this body...regardless of what it was feeling...to that place of freedom, of joy, of bliss, and of the  wonder I experienced as a child whenever I was on the ice. 

I need that.  Any symptoms will be worth it...if I could only just live a little more than I have been living!

All is well in my world,

No comments:

Post a Comment