Tuesday, February 7, 2017


As long as you write what you wish to write, that is all that matters; and whether it matters for ages or only for hours, nobody can say.
Virginia Wolfe


So that is what I have to write: What I wish to write.  I went back to some old short stories yesterday that I wrote years ago because I wanted to write them.  I tucked them away  because they are not "great". I reworked them a bit and now  I intend to send them out.  I wrote what I wanted to write. I wanted to write them then but what do I want to write now?  Reading the shorts reminded me that it was not that painful of a process.  I need to establish myself in literary journals with the "short" stuff before any publisher or agent will even consider me for the "long" stuff.  So if publishing is ever going to happen I need to send out shorts.  Do I want to publish?  Is working on shorts what I want to do?  I don't know.  It is not that simple of a question considering the options.  What do I want to write?  Fiction or non-fiction?  For adults, young adults or children (I have done it all)? Shorts, poetry, novellas, or novels? Fantasy, drama, romance, suspense, contemporary?  So many choices. I just don't know...back to the meditation lol.

All is well.

There is nothing to writing.  All you do is sit down at the typewriter and bleed.
Earnest Hemmingway

No comments:

Post a Comment