Friday, July 31, 2026

Learning from Another's Solitary Refinement

 

The transformed mind has the opportunity to transcend the ordinary, conceptual, dualistic, egoitistic level of our consciousness.

Jetsunma Tenzin Palma

I have been learning about and listening to Jetsunma Tenzin Palmo, a Buddhist Nun (and yogi) who spent 12 years in a Himalayan cave seeking enlightenment. I think she is my new hero. She came out of isolation to advocate for the rights of women to pursue the spiritual ranks of Buddhist Monastic practice and tradition that, up until then, was typically reserved for men. 

She, I assume, would have an understanding of the mind few humans would have. She touched on, without getting into too much depth at all in this interview, the reality of this unified field of consciousness that so many people are attempting to understand now. Unlike in other Buddhist sects, yogis and yoga are very much a part of her nunnery.  

I want to know about her understanding of this world and the world beyond that we just don't know enough about. That is why I experiment with kooky things like Remote Viewing...which definitely transcends the ordinary.  I would like to view such things with the level of calm and almost natural acceptance she does. 

If you are in a state of open awareness, then whatever appears is simply what is appearing at that point... It really isn't much different.

And what could be appearing at any point, I wonder.

...Even though one cannot see them one is surrounded by very positive energy which in the Mahaya is seen as buddhas and bodhisattvas. That positive energy that is in and from the universe is all around us...

This very interesting and evolved human might have  lot to teach us. Her biography is entitled, Cave in the Snow.

All is well.

Jetsunma Tenzin Palma/ Clear Mountain Monastry (December 27, 2023) Solitary Refinement: How Twelve Years in a Cave Can Change the World. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvHIZJ7psdE

No comments:

Post a Comment