Thursday, July 23, 2026

Addressing Fear and Its Little Friends

 I hear you. I understand your concern, and your comments are valid; but I have decided to ignore them.

I was sitting outside this morning listening not only to the amazing choir of bird song and wind around me, but to the wisdom of a Buddhist monk from "ClearMountain Monastry"...who I incidently tapped into on  search for morning wisdom. 

He, amongst other things, spoke about fear, what it was, and how we should deal with it. Fear of course, is a form of aversion...a human reaction belonging to the Second Noble Truth of Buddhism ( T, and your comments he cause for suffering...of course is desire...but aversion is the counter of desire leading to the same effect on our psyches and lives in the long run). Averson is resistance to what is. Fear creates great resistance to what is.  It creates a lot of our "Oh No! " moments. 

Now, fear has many faces or degrees.  It can present itself as down right panic or it can present itself in the form of one of its many friends...anxiety or worry. The problem with fear is not the physiological or psychological nature of it...but how the mind gets so convinced that it is telling us the truth. How the mind gets convinced that the podium is like the mother lion about to eat us a live, or how all those "what ifs" taht come with anxiety and worry are gold standard truths.  In fact, as the speaker in the below video states..."Fear is a liar"...and instead of listening, following its pull...we can simply comfront it...and kindly and respectly say to it.

"I see you, Fear. I hear you. I understand your concern, and your comments are valid; but I have decided to ignore them."

Let's try addressing fear and its lil friends that way the next time they show up in our lives. 

All is well

Clear Mountain Monastry (July 23, 2026) I Hear You and You're Wrong....(sorry can't find the url on this computer)

No comments:

Post a Comment