Set peace of mind as your highest goal, and organize your life around it.
Brain Tracy
I want to write about two things this morning. Firtsly, I want to write about that which I was intending to write since I returned home last evening after a birthday celebration: about a question asked of me and how I answered. And secondly, about the crazy nature of entanglement observed in serendipity- "spooky action at a distance" as Einstein had called it.
Last night I was asked, "Now on your birthday...what do you wish for going forward?" That is a fairly common question asked to people on birthdays. I thought about it and was about to answer something to the effect..."To finish this book on Samskara Release" (something I incidently just found out Michael Singer already wrote and published with his third book, much to my surprise)"and to start sharing what I learnt about it...to get back out there speaking. "
And then something stopped me. I heard a little internal voice say..."Is that what a woke person would ask for? What do you assume doing this will give you? What do you really, really want that is not as temporary or fleeting as this?
I answered with confidence and sureness, "I want peace of mind."
That led to "Come on...what do you really want? Money? Success? Or ...like what do you want for each of us? Say for him", while pointing to my brother in law, "Good health? Do you wish him and yourself good health?"
I answered, "Sure...I would love for everyone to be well but if everyone had true peace of mind, it wouldn't matter what their bodies were doing or not doing."
Well, that led to a big discussion on what is more important ...peace of mind or physical health etc. ...That is, until everyone got bored with my repeated answers and moved on.
I do believe a tamed mind is the answer for everything.
Anyway, as I sat down to write about this question/answer today and before I opened "New Post" I did a quick search of stats to see what was recently read and I came across an entry witten two years ago, after I got this same question asked of me at my then birthday party. My answer then was the same one I gave last night. Now, let's put this in perspective: Not only did I get the same question at two different birthday parties (which is likely to happen), that was answered in the exact same way ...but....out of the possible 4000 entries that a reader could possibly open and read from this site, one of the 12 entries chosen in the last 24 hours...seemingly randomly ...was the one that included this same topic I sat down to write about this morning, about this same question and answerthat I shared after a birthday party. (see July 29th, 2024 entry).
My first thought, was "Oh my...cool...serendipity...entanglement. Must write about that." As I went on to check the read entries, I came across another entry that was read in the last 24 on "entanglement."
That to me, is a little bit too kooky to be coincidental.
All is well.
No comments:
Post a Comment