Sunday, July 21, 2024

No Readers?

 No Readers

"Why do you write when 

you have no readers?  "

A writer with no readers

is better than 

a breather with no breath, 

a heart with no beat,

a being with no soul,

and a life with no joy.

For witing

is the  breathing,  

and the heart beat

of this form.

It is the song of this soul.

It is the joy in this Life

I have been given. 


The reader,  to this being, then

is no more than 

a hand holding  a mirror up

that reflects back what I am,

catching my breath

in foggy patches

to show me I am still  alive. 

If I already know what I am,

and that I am still alive,

do I really need a mirror?


No, it is not  so much a question 

of what this writer needs. 

Maybe one should ask instead:

Does the reader need 

the mirror 

this awkward and shaky 

writer's hand

holds up?  

© Dale-Lyn, July, 2024


Ooops! On another poetry bender lol.  Sometimes, it just keeps coming out of me lol. Anyway...not sure who I am apologizing to  because as the poem above suggests I have "no readers"...well I know I have a few ...thank you! 

All is well!


No comments:

Post a Comment