Friday, July 5, 2024

Are you Meditating?

 ...it is like pouring oil from one pot to another. It is a continous string; it doesn't break. Communication between meditator and object of meditation is steady. That is what's called dhyana...Time has no meaning in meditation and space is lost. ...the mind transcends body consciousness. 

Satchinanda's transalation of  Pantanjali's Sutra: Book III. 2

Do you actually meditate?  I know I don't...or at least I do not reach that state above very often. I still struggle a bit with pratyhara (removal of mind from the senses) and dharna ( fixed concentration). So, I do not often get to dyhana and I am okay with that.  I am not seeking samadhi.  Most of my yoga practice, occurs off that mat.

Anyway, I have had moments where I have lost total connection with space, time and body.  It was pretty cool but it isn't someting I seek.

Singer speaks about this practice in the below linked video. He too believes that most of a yoga practice occurs off the mat and off the cushion.

What do you think?

All is well. 

Michael A. Singer/ Temple of the Universe ( July 4, 2024) Journey from Distarction to Liberation. https://tou.org/talks/

Swami Satchidananda ( 2011) The Yoga Sutra's of Patanjali. Integral Yoga Publications

No comments:

Post a Comment