Thursday, November 23, 2023

Windows to the Soul

 Windows to the Soul



I look into your eyes

and I see my own.

The shape differs.

I have more crinkles in the corner;

you have more of a slant.

The irises are a different shade of blue

yet ...

there I am.

My undefined and vague physicality

is reflected in the pupils

that you call your own.

I want to look away

...but I don't.

The more I force myself to look,

the more I see

what I thought was me

intertwined in the fibers and cells

of your form,

swimming in the pools of your being,

settling into the home

where I have always been.

Body lines blur;

borders disappear;

and what once separated us

is gone.

I am in you

and you

my dear friend

are in me.

We are one.
 
Dale-Lyn 2017

I thought of this poem I wrote years ago when I listened to Ram Dass speak today. 

All is well!

No comments:

Post a Comment