Wednesday, November 22, 2023

A clean and tidy inner state is more important than the outer one

 There is nothing more important than your inner state of consciousness... [When we get upset about something out there] it is a reminder then, that there was a confusion about importance, what matters and what is secondary and what is primary. Secondary is the external situation. Primary is your state of consciousness that you bring to it. 

Eckhart Tolle

My goal has always been peace in lieu of suffering.  I have committed to keeping my inner state serene over creating a semblance of order in my external state.  It shows.  I looked around my house yesterday as I was watching my grandson.  I was exhausted from the morning, a lot of stair climbing, and before I received my grandson so my daughter, who dropped a 300 lb mulcher on her foot at work ( missing the steel toe) could do the 11 hour wait in emergency, I was all about just meditating, and revamping with  the evenings yoga class etc...my inner work.  Things changed, of course, which is perfectly okay but I realized that I choose automatically to put my remaining  energy  to peace and being fully present (especially when I am with the grandchildren) rather than caring what the house looks like.  It was disastrous.  There were toys from one end of it to the other ( fur balls and dust bunnies as well), dishes in the sink, pet dishes scattered from one end of er to the other, laundry piled up in the washroom, and like always when I feel this way, I shut down to deal with the task at hand...being present fully for my grandson and constantly observing and taming my mind before it gets too crazy.  That is a full time job. lol. Well the Xray revealed that there was no fracture but by the look of it, she will not be on it for a while. No grandson this Thursday, so maybe I will have to clean the house from top to bottom after all. yuck!  I would rather choose peace lol.

All is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment