Saturday, November 4, 2023

No Person, No "me"...just I am in this Moment

Live consciously...All that  ever was in creation is only in this moment, and all that will ever be is only in this moment. 

Sadhguru, Karma ( Harmony Books, 2021) page 168

I caught myself saying something in a video that I had to correct.  I was speaking about that which exists beyond the mind and I kept saying, "The person" beyond the mind.  Of course, there is no person beyond the psyche...this form with its physicality and its psychology. Just the opposite. There is what the buddhists refer to as "no-self". Going beyond the mind is freeing ourselves of person, of "me", of self with a little 's'. It involves transcending the "personal"...that which is in the way of us experiencing Life fully. Life isn't personal and either are we at the deepest level.

What lies beyond the mind is space...a space that transcends time and matter. It is unconditioned consciousness, stillness, complete and pure aliveness. It is the here and now.  It is who we are.  So it really isn't correct to say "I became aware of the awareness in me,"as I did after my experience of being attacked a week ago. During that crisis something amazing happened. I fell away from the mind and back into this space. I was able to operate from there without "me" in the way. Yet, when I later described that experience using words, I kept saying : "I was so aware of that greater person in me." The words were not accurate pointers. 

It was not a person in "me" that I became aware of. It wasn't a person at all.  Person refers to our psyches, our created story that explains all the memories we have collected over the years. This person is an image, our forms, our thoughts, beliefs, and feelings, our roles, our actions, our likes and dislikes, our fears, our preferences etc.  It is something we make up and use in the physical dimension. It isn't who we are. In fact, it is in the way of us fully experiencing who we are: presence.  Buying into it and focusing all our attention on it is what prevents us from seeing beyond it to the space  of who we really are. 

Then when I say "in "me". how can there be anything deeper in "me" when "me" is just an image I made up?  What happened that night was more like awareness becoming  aware of itself when "me" and mind stepped out of the way. I once again fell into that deeper transcendent aliveness...the hidden essence that exists behind all forms of the universe...the "I am that I am"...the enemation of God into this universe...and the light of the world as consciousness. Tolle

I didn't become aware of the deepest part of 'me'...the deepest part of I am became aware of itself. I fell into the here and now of the existence that I am.

Hmm! Something to think about.

All is well.


 Eckhart tolle ( October, 2023) Clearing the Mind/ A Guided Meditation. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HudclrFRzQ0

Eckhart Tolle (October, 2023) Connecting Yourself to the Universe. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qmx53mdiQ6k


No comments:

Post a Comment