Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Unfavorable Winds

 

Unfavorable winds

Unfavorable winds too often  hit my craft, blowing it here and there

And I, an  unskilled  sailor,  will  hesitate as my sail  tatters in the air.

Do I angle this broken sail to catch more wind or do I take it down?

Do I steer the rutter against this current or do I let it go around ?

Do I gear up to fight the storm or do I batten down the hatch? 

Do I send out a mayday or do I succumb as loser to this match?

Do I allow this gail to take me from my trajectory and  out into the sea

Or do I hold the course no matter what, determined  to be where I must be ?

With every nasty wind that blows my way and every bit of strife

I am reminded that I am an unskilled captain on this boat that is my life.

©Dale-Lyn, February 2023

Listened to the below talk from Michael A. Singer and this popped out.  Like I am not 100 percent clear  as to what my destination might be.  There has been a lot of nasty wind and a lot of windless states that I am not sure how to handle and therefore  I have no idea if I am still on course. .  What about you?  You know where you are going? You a good sailor? Do you know how to handle the unfavorable winds?  Or are you like me, still learning? 

All is well.

Michael A. Singer ( February 20, 2023) Navigating the Ocean of Life. https://tou.org/talks/

No comments:

Post a Comment